Pain is the nation’s number one public health concern, affecting more Americans than diabetes, heart disease, and cancer combined. Pain’s effects can range from a nagging discomfort to a debilitating and life-altering experience.
University of Miami Health System’s Pain Management Center is the leading multidisciplinary pain management facility in the Southeast. It offers state-of-the-art pain relief treatment and education to patients with acute and chronic pain from any of a variety of sources. Patients receive an independent medical evaluation, a multidisciplinary analysis of their pain syndrome, and a course of treatment tailored to their individual needs.
The new UHealth Pain Management Center will open in the Wellness Center in October.
To make an appointment at any of these locations, call 305-243-8500.
- Accident-related injury
- Back, neck, head, and facial (dental) pain
- Cancer pain
- Diabetes pain
- Foot, leg, and hand pain
- Joint (including arthritic) pain
- Low back pain
- Muscle pain
- Myofascial pain and other pain syndromes
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Pelvic pain
- Post back surgery pain syndrome
- Postsurgical pain
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
Pain Treatment Methods:
- Acupuncture, relaxation and meditation
- Anesthetic nerve blocks
- Aqua therapy
- Cognitive or behavioral therapy
- Epidural steroid injections
- Joint injections
- Medications (pills, patches, suppositories, or injections)
- Minimally-invasive procedures
- Physical therapy
- Radiofrequency treatments