Michael G. Baraga, M.D.
- Office: 305-243-3000
- Fax: 305-689-0106
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine-Orthopaedics
Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries, knee dislocations (multiligament knee injuries), patellar dislocations.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopaedics
- Associate Program Director, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
- Program Director, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
- Team Physician, Miami Marlins
- Team Physician, University of Miami Athletics
- Team Physician, University of Miami Men's Basketball
- Team Physician, University of Miami Women's Basketball
- Team Physician, University of Miami Women's Soccer
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injuries, prevention, treatment, surgical techniques, knee ligament injuries, knee dislocations, patella dislocations.
- A Patient's Guide to Graft Selection for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Baseline Cartilage Thickness and Meniscus Extrusion Predict Longitudinal Cartilage Loss by Quantitative Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Data From the Osteoarthritis Initiative.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction tunnel size: causes of tunnel enlargement and implications for single versus two-stage revision reconstruction.
- Knee Injuries in American Football: An Epidemiological Review.
- Radiographic assessment of the postoperative knee.
- Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Glenoid in a Major League Baseball Prospect: A Case Report
- US National Practice Patterns in Ambulatory Operative Management of Lateral Epicondylitis.
- Trends in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in the United States.
- Return to Sport Following Surgery for a Complicated Tibia and Fibula Fracture in a Collegiate Women's Soccer Player with a Low Level of Kinesiophobia.
- Wrisberg-variant discoid lateral meniscus: current concepts, treatment options, and imaging features with emphasis on dynamic ultrasonography.
- Treatment of Popliteal (Baker) Cysts With Ultrasound-Guided Aspiration, Fenestration, and Injection: Long-term Follow-up.
- Individualized Anatomic Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction (multimedia presentation)
- Strategies for revision after primary double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Glenohumeral Findings on Magnetic Resonance Imaging Correlate With Innings Pitched in Asymptomatic Pitchers
- Surgical Technique in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Partial-Tear and Bundle-Specific Reconstruction. In Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Evolving Concepts.
- Anterior cruciate ligament injury and access to care in South Florida: does insurance status play a role?
- Anterior cruciate ligament healing and advances in imaging.
2011 - 2012 Fellowship
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
2006 - 2011 Residency
University of Miami/Jackson Health System
2002 - 2006 M.D.
University of Puerto Rico - Medical Sciences Campus
1998 - 2002 B.S.
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Michael G. Baraga, MD, a sports medicine specialist and surgeon, is an assistant professor with UHealth Sports Medicine, a division of the Department of Orthopaedics at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. The division is the official sports medicine provider for the Miami Hurricanes and Miami Marlins.