Juan C. Ramos, M.D.
- Office: 305-243-6611
- Fax: 305-243-9161
- Internal Medicine
- Hematology/Oncology - Internal Medicine
Viral and AIDS associated malignancies, particularly lymphomas.
Bone and Soft Tissue Cancer- Sarcoma
Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma, and Related Blood Cancer, with HIV positive Patients
- American Board of Internal Med-Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Med-Hematology
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Investigating the pathogenesis, molecular fautures, and new treatment options for lymphomas caused by oncogenic viruses (epstein barr virus, Human-herpesvirus-8, and human T-cell leukemia virus-1) and AIDS-related malignancies.
- 1) Bhatt S, Ashlock BM, Natkunam Y, Sujoy V, Chapman JR, Ramos JC, Mesri EA, Lossos IS. CD30 targeting with brentuximab vedotin: a novel therapeutic approach to primary effusion lymphoma. Blood. 2013 Jul 9. PMID: 23838350. 2) Bayraktar UD, Diaz LA, Ashlock B, Toomey N, Cabral L, Bayraktar S, Pereira D, Dittmer DP, Ramos JC. Zidovudine-Based Lytic-Inducing Chemotherapy for Epstein-Barr Virus-Related Lymphomas. Accepted for publication in Leukemia Lymphoma April 19, 2013. PMID: 23837493. 3) Bhat