Jose A. Gonzales Zamora, M.D.
- Fax: 305-243-4037
- Infectious Disease - Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Med-Infectious Diseases
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Associate Program Director of The Infectious Disease Fellowship Program
- HIV cure
- HIV and renal disease
- Gonzales Jose, Murali Arvind. Rhinoscleroma with pharyngo-laryngeal involvement caused by Klebisella ozaenae. Case Reports in Infectious Diseases. Volume 2016 (2016) http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/6536275
- Alave Jorge, Gonzales Zamora Jose, Leon Mey, Ganoza Carmela, Sanchez Jorge, La Rosa Alberto. Diagnosis of Intestinal Tuberculosis by Tissue Xpert MTB/Rif in an HIV-1 infected Patient. BAOJ HIV. 2016; 2 (2):008
- Jose A. Gonzales Zamora. Bacteremia caused by Leclercia adecarboxylata in an immunocompromised patient with systemic lupus erythematosus and cirrhosis. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 2016. 24(6):e88
- Sonia N Rao, Sheila K Wang, Jose Gonzales Zamora, Amy P. Hanson, Radhika S. Polisetty, Kamaljit Singh. Improving time to optimal Staphylococcus aureus treatment using a penicillin-binding protein 2a assay. Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2016. doi: 10.1099/jmm.0.000365
- Puneet Aulakh, Jacobo Leon, Jose Gonzales. Paraconiothyrium Cyclothyroides Pneumonia: Report of a Unique Case. American Thoracic Society (ATS) International Conference 2016. May 2016. Poster ID 9800. San Francisco. California. USA
- Sonal Patel, Jose Gonzales Zamora, Amber Ladak, James Spence, Sohini Veann. A Complete Guide on Crushing Tablets and/or Opening Capsules of HIV Medication. Poster. The American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV). April 2016. Dallas, Texas.
- Anne K. Bartels, Arvind R. Murali, Jose Gonzales Zamora. Subhepatic sterile abscess 10 years after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. ACG Case Reports Journal. 2015; 2(2):113-115
- Arvind Murali Sanjeev Patil, Jose Gonzales Zamora, Sarah Hoehnen. Intestinal Tuberculosis after Liver Transplantation: Are current Pre-Transplant Latent TB Screening Tests Adequate? American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2015. 110 (1):S359
- Hoehnen Sarah, Gonzales Jose, Murali Arvind. Pulmonary Actinomycosis from Actinomyces meyeri presenting as a chest wall mass. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 2014; 22(4).
- Shashvat Sukhal, Gonzales Jose, Herrera Patricia. An Unusual Cause of Prostatic Abscess. A case report and review of the literature. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 2013; 21 (5): 289-291
- Gonzales Jose, Murali Arvind, Welbel Sharon, Niklinski Waldemar. Dual Fungal Pneumonia: An Unexpected Complication of Cushing’s syndrome. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 2013; 21(4):279-280.
- A.R. Murali, A.K. Bartels, J.A. Gonzales Zamora. Right Upper Quadrant Abdominal pain ten years post-Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. American College of Gastroenterology 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting and Postgraduate Course. October 2013. Poster 824. San Diego, California.
- Gonzales Jose, Adeyemi Toyin. Assessing Vitamin D Testing and Supplementation Patterns in a Large Inner City Clinic. Poster 329. ID Week. Annual Meeting of the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA). October 2013. San Francisco, California.
- S. N. Nevrekar, S. K. Wang, J. Gonzales Zamora, C. W. Crank, K. Singh. Use of a Penicillin-Binding Protein 2a (PBP2a) Latex Agglutination Assay to Reduce Vancomycin Usage in Patients with Methicillin-Sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) Infections. Poster 587. Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) 2013. September 2013. Denver, Colorado. USA
- Gonzales Jose, Chan Edie, Crank Christopher, Simon David. Factors associated with Indeterminate Quantiferon TB Gold assay results in liver transplant candidates. Poster No. 1595.ID Week. Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA). October 2012. San Diego, California. USA.
- Gonzales Jose, Adeyemi Toyin. Hepatitis C Treatment Evaluation in Older HIV/HCV Co-infected patients. Poster No. 728. 48th Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA). October 2010. Vancouver, Canada.