Jose A. Gonzales Zamora, M.D.
- Fax: 305-243-4037
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease - Internal Medicine
Treatment of Hepatitis C and HIV/HepC co-infection
HIV diagnosis and treatment
Hospital acquired infections
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Med-Infectious Diseases
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Associate Program Director of The Infectious Disease Fellowship Program
- Director of the Infectious Disease Course for MD and MD/MPH. University of Miami. Miller School of Medicine
- HIV/Hepatitis C coinfection
- Advanced liver disease in Hepatitis C
- HIV cure
- Raja Mohammad, Gonzales Zamora JA. Visceral leishmaniasis with cutaneous involvement caused by Leishmania infantum-chagasi. IDCases.2018;11: 16-17
- Gonzales Zamora, Jose Armando. Pneumonia Caused by Coronavirus 229E and Parainfluenza 3 Coinfection in a Lung Transplant Recipient. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice. January 2018; 26(1):e3-e4
- Gonzales Zamora, JA; Camps N. Bacteremia caused by cellulosimicrobium in a bone marrow transplant patient: A case report and literature review. IDCases. 2018; 11:64-66
- Gonzales Zamora Jose, Raja Mohammad. High Effectiveness of Direct Acting Antivirals for the Treatment of HIV/HCV coinfected patients: Experience in an urban clinic in Miami, Florida. American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV). April 2018. Chicago, IL. USA.
- Jose Armando Gonzales Zamora (2018) Dual infection of the central nervous system caused by Cryptococcus and Toxoplasma in a patient with AIDS: a case report and literature review, Acta Clinica Belgica, DOI: 10.1080/17843286.2018.1457761
- Gonzales Zamora Jose, Henry Zachary. Change of Evaluation and Treatment Patterns Over a 4-year Period of Direct Acting Antiviral Use in HIV/HCV Coinfected Patients. HIV & Hepatitis in the Americas. April 2018. Mexico city, Mexico.
- Gonzales Zamora Jose, Baez Presser Javier. Real-time PCR in Non-respiratory Specimens for Tuberculosis Diagnosis: Experience in a low-prevalence setting in Miami, Florida. 28th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. April 2018. Madrid, Spain.
- Gonzales Zamora JA, Espinoza LA. Verrucous herpes of the finger in a patient with HIV-1 infection. Infection. 2017 Jul 31. doi: 10.1007/s15010-017-1052-x.
- Jose Armando Gonzales Zamora, Luis Alberto Espinoza, and Rita N. Nwanyanwu, “Neurosyphilis with Concomitant Cryptococcal and Tuberculous Meningitis in a Patient with AIDS: Report of a Unique Case” Case Reports in Infectious Diseases, vol. 2017, Article ID 4103858, 5 pages, 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/4103858
- Gonzales Zamora JA, Espinoza LA. Sinus bradycardia induced by darunavir-ritonavir in a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Infection. 2017 Sep 1. doi: 10.1007/s15010-017-1065-5.
- Bhandari, Keshav; Gonzales Zamora, Jose Armando. Actinomyces naeslundii Bacteremia in an Elderly Woman with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice. 25(6):e23, November 2017.
- Gonzales Zamora, Jose Armando. Geotrichum candidum Pneumonia in an Elderly Patient with Interstitial Lung Disease. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice. 25(6):e24, November 2017.
- Gonzales Zamora JA. Successful treatment of HIV-/HCV-coinfected patients in the era of direct acting antivirals: is advanced liver disease still a limiting factor? Infect Dis (Lond). 2017 Nov 12:1-4.
- Gonzales Zamora, J.A.; Espinoza, L.A. Pyogenic Brain Abscess Caused by Peptostreptococcus in a Patient with HIV-1 Infection. Diseases 2017, 5, 26.
- Gonzales Zamora, J.A.; Espinoza, L.A. Histoplasma and Cytomegalovirus Coinfection of the Gastrointestinal Tract in a Patient with AIDS: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Diseases 2017, 5, 30
- Sonal Patel, Jose Gonzales Zamora, Amber Ladak, James Spence, Sohini Veann. A Complete Guide on Crushing Tablets and/or Opening Capsules of HIV Medication. Poster. The American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV). April 2016. Dallas, Texas.
- Gonzales Jose, Murali Arvind. Rhinoscleroma with pharyngo-laryngeal involvement caused by Klebisella ozaenae. Case Reports in Infectious Diseases. Volume 2016 (2016) http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/6536275
- Alave Jorge, Gonzales Zamora Jose, Leon Mey, Ganoza Carmela, Sanchez Jorge, La Rosa Alberto. Diagnosis of Intestinal Tuberculosis by Tissue Xpert MTB/Rif in an HIV-1 infected Patient. BAOJ HIV. 2016; 2 (2):008
- Jose A. Gonzales Zamora. Bacteremia caused by Leclercia adecarboxylata in an immunocompromised patient with systemic lupus erythematosus and cirrhosis. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 2016. 24(6):e88
- Sonia N Rao, Sheila K Wang, Jose Gonzales Zamora, Amy P. Hanson, Radhika S. Polisetty, Kamaljit Singh. Improving time to optimal Staphylococcus aureus treatment using a penicillin-binding protein 2a assay. Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2016. doi: 10.1099/jmm.0.000365
- Puneet Aulakh, Jacobo Leon, Jose Gonzales. Paraconiothyrium Cyclothyroides Pneumonia: Report of a Unique Case. American Thoracic Society (ATS) International Conference 2016. May 2016. Poster ID 9800. San Francisco. California. USA
- Anne K. Bartels, Arvind R. Murali, Jose Gonzales Zamora. Subhepatic sterile abscess 10 years after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. ACG Case Reports Journal. 2015; 2(2):113-115
- Arvind Murali Sanjeev Patil, Jose Gonzales Zamora, Sarah Hoehnen. Intestinal Tuberculosis after Liver Transplantation: Are current Pre-Transplant Latent TB Screening Tests Adequate? American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2015. 110 (1):S359
- Hoehnen Sarah, Gonzales Jose, Murali Arvind. Pulmonary Actinomycosis from Actinomyces meyeri presenting as a chest wall mass. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 2014; 22(4).
- Shashvat Sukhal, Gonzales Jose, Herrera Patricia. An Unusual Cause of Prostatic Abscess. A case report and review of the literature. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 2013; 21 (5): 289-291
- Gonzales Jose, Murali Arvind, Welbel Sharon, Niklinski Waldemar. Dual Fungal Pneumonia: An Unexpected Complication of Cushing’s syndrome. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 2013; 21(4):279-280.
- A.R. Murali, A.K. Bartels, J.A. Gonzales Zamora. Right Upper Quadrant Abdominal pain ten years post-Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. American College of Gastroenterology 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting and Postgraduate Course. October 2013. Poster 824. San Diego, California.
- Gonzales Jose, Adeyemi Toyin. Assessing Vitamin D Testing and Supplementation Patterns in a Large Inner City Clinic. Poster 329. ID Week. Annual Meeting of the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA). October 2013. San Francisco, California.
- S. N. Nevrekar, S. K. Wang, J. Gonzales Zamora, C. W. Crank, K. Singh. Use of a Penicillin-Binding Protein 2a (PBP2a) Latex Agglutination Assay to Reduce Vancomycin Usage in Patients with Methicillin-Sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) Infections. Poster 587. Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) 2013. September 2013. Denver, Colorado. USA
- Gonzales Jose, Chan Edie, Crank Christopher, Simon David. Factors associated with Indeterminate Quantiferon TB Gold assay results in liver transplant candidates. Poster No. 1595.ID Week. Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA). October 2012. San Diego, California. USA.
- Gonzales Jose, Adeyemi Toyin. Hepatitis C Treatment Evaluation in Older HIV/HCV Co-infected patients. Poster No. 728. 48th Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA). October 2010. Vancouver, Canada.