Michele I. Morris, M.D.
- Office: 305-243-4598
- Fax: 305-243-4037
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease - Internal Medicine
Infections in immunocompromised patients including solid organ and stem cell transplant recipients, hematology/oncology patients, primary immunodeficiency patients, and patients treated with immunosuppressive agents for rheumatologic, gastrointestinal, or dermatologic conditions
Invasive fungal infections
Tropical infectious diseases in immunocompromised patients
Pre-transplant evaluation and clearance
HIV management in transplant candidates or recipients and patients receiving cancer treatment
- American Board of Internal Med-Infectious Diseases
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Director, Immunocompromised Host Section
Opportunistic infections in immunocompromised patients
Organ donor derived infections, especially geographic and endemic infections including mycobacteria, fungi, & parasites
Mycobacterial infections, particularly tuberculosis
Invasive fungal infections
VIral infections in transplant recipients
- See more publications
- Morris MI. Posaconazole: A new oral antifungal agent with an expanded spectrum of activity. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2009 Feb 1;66(3):225-36.
- Lichtenberger P, Rosa-Cunha I, Morris M, Nishida S, Akpinar E, Gaitan J, Tzakis A, Doblecki-Lewis S. Hyperinfection strongyloidiasis in a liver transplant recipient treated with parenteral ivermectin. Transp Infec Dis 2008 Dec 3 [Epub ahead of print.]
- Doblecki-Lewis S, Palaios E, Bejarano P, Tzakis A, Selvaggi G, Morris MI. Hepatic gas gangrene following orthotopic liver transplantation: three cases treated with retransplantation and a review of the literature. Transp Infect Dis 2008 Jul;10(4):280-5. Epub 2007 Dec 7.
- Garrison AP, Procop GW, Vincek V, Moon J, Morris MI, Doblecki-Lewis S, Cleary TJ, Brust D, Rosa-Cunha I. A case of subcutaneous Mycoleptodiscus indicus infection in a liver transplant recipient successfully treated with antifungal therapy. Transp Infect Dis 2008;10:218-220.
- Alcaide ML, Abbo L, Pano JR, Weppler D, Moon JI, Morris MI. Herpes zoster infection after liver transplantation in patients receiving induction therapy with alemtuzumab. Clin Transplant 2008;22:502-507.
- Morris M, Villmann M. Echinocandins in the management of invasive fungal infections, Part 1. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. Sep 15, 2006;53:1693-1703.
- Morris M, Villmann M. Echinocandins in the management of invasive fungal infections, Part 2. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. Oct 1, 2006;63:1813-1820.
- Morris MI, Fishman JE. Pulmonary Infections in the immunocompromised host. In: McAdams HP, Reddy GP, eds. Cardiopulmonary Imaging: Categorical Course Syllabus. American Roentgen Ray Society 2005;85-104.