Adam Lloyd, SLP
- Fax: 305-243-1283
- Speech-Language Pathology
rehabilitation of the singing voice
- Clinincal Voice Pathologist
- Singing Health Specialist
- Lloyd, A., Silverman, E., Lehman, J., & Ruddy, B. Vocal Yoga: Applying Yoga Principles in Voice Therapy. In press. Journal of Singing.
- Contributions to chapter 9 and 10 in Sapienza, C. & Hoffman Ruddy, B. (2017). Voice Disorders (3nd edition). Plural Publishing.
- Contribution to chapter 10 in Sapienza, C. & Hoffman Ruddy, B. (2012, November). Voice Disorders (2nd edition). Plural Publishing.
- Lloyd, A., Ho, H., Silverman, E., Ruddy, B.H. (2016). Management of SCCA of the base of tongue. In B. H. Ruddy, H. Ho, C. Sapienza, & J. J. Lehman (Eds.), Cases in head and neck cancer: A multidisciplinary approach (103-110). San Diego, CA: Plural Publishing.
- Lloyd, A., Silverman, E., & Spector, B. (2016). Management of SCCA in situ in a professional performer. In B. H. Ruddy, H. Ho, C. Sapienza, & J. J. Lehman (Eds.), Cases in head and neck cancer: A multidisciplinary approach (145-151). San Diego, CA: Plural Publishing.
- Lehman, J., Lewis, V., Lloyd, A., & Ruddy, B.H. (2016). Management of recurrent laryngeal cancer. In B. H. Ruddy, H. Ho, C. Sapienza, & J. J. Lehman (Eds.), Cases in head and neck cancer: A multidisciplinary approach (153-161). San Diego, CA: Plural Publishing.
- Guzman, M., Barros, M., Espinoza, F., Herrera, A., Parra, D., & Lloyd, A. (2015). Resonance strategies revealed in rock singers during production of high notes. Journal of Singing, 71(2), 183-192.
- Guzman, M., Barros, M., Espinoza, F., Herrera, A., Parra, D., Muñoz, D., & Lloyd, A. (2014). Laryngoscopic, acoustic, perceptual, and functional assessment of voice in rock singers. Folia Phoniatrica Et Logopaedica, 65(5), 248-56.
- Hoffman Ruddy & Lloyd, A. (2013) Breath Management Strategy for Vocal Percussion. The Vocal Athlete: Application and Technique for the Hybrid Singer by Rosenber, M.D., & LeBorgne, W.D., Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA.
- Hoffman Ruddy, B., Lewis, V., Lloyd, A. (2013) Vocal Cool Down Exercises. Exercises for Voice Therapy, Second Edition Edited by Behrman, A., & Haskell, J. Plural Publishing, San Diego, CA.
- Master, S., Guzman, M., Carlos de Miranda, H., & Lloyd, A. (2013). Electroglottographic analysis of actresses and nonactresses' voices in different levels of intensity. Journal of Voice: Official Journal of the Voice Foundation, 27(2), 187.
University of Central Florida
University of Tennessee
Florida State University
Adam Lloyd is a voice pathologist and singing voice specialist. He joined the University of Miami Health System Department of Otolaryngology in 2015. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of voice, swallowing, and upper airway disorders. He holds a bachelor of music in vocal performance from Florida State University, a masters of music in vocal performance from the University of Tennessee, a masters of arts in communication sciences and disorders from the University of Central Florida, as well as a certificate in Vocology from the University of Iowa and National Center for Voice and Speech. In addition to his carrier in speech pathology, Mr. Lloyd has also held instructor positions in collegiate music programs, teaching singing instruction as well as developing an original course titled Vocal Health for Singers. Currently he teaches Voice Disorders at the University of Miami Frost School of Music. Additionally, he is an Adjunct Professor at Albizu University where he teaches Voice Disorders for the graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology. Mr. Lloyd is an active researcher in the field of voice disorders and vocal pedagogy. He maintains membership with the Florida Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists, American Speech-Language Hearing Association, Voice Foundation, Pan American Vocology Association, and the National Association of Teachers of Singers and frequently presents at annual meetings and conferences. Mr. Lloyd has a special training in yoga and utilizes these skills in therapy and evaluation.