Jonathan R. Jagid, M.D.
- Office: 305-243-6946
- Fax: 305-243-3247
- Neurological Surgery
Gamma Knife and Cyberknife
Parkinson's disease and Spasticity.
Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Associate Professor of Clinical Neurological Surgery, Neurology, Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation
Brain Machine Interface for spinal cord injury
Deep Brain Stimulation for Neuropathic Pain
Hypothermia for Head Injury
- Subthalamic deep brain stimulation with a constant-current device in Parkinson's disease: an open-label randomised controlled trial.Okun MS, Gallo BV, Mandybur G, Jagid J, Foote KD, Revilla FJ, Alterman R, Jankovic J, Simpson R, Junn F, Verhagen L, Arle JE, Ford B, Goodman RR, Stewart RM, Horn S, Baltuch GH, Kopell BH, Marshall F, Peichel D, Pahwa R, Lyons KE, Tröster AI, Vitek JL, Tagliati M; SJM DBS Study Group. Lancet Neurol. 2012 Feb;11(2):140-9. Epub 2012 Ja
- Levi AD, Casella G, Green BA, Dietrich WD, Vanni S, Jagid J, Wang MW: Clinical outcomes using modest intravascular hypothermia after acute cervical spinal cord injury. Neurosurgery; 66(6): E1217.
- Varan Govind, Stuart Gold, Krithica Kaliannan, Gaurav Saigal, Steven Falcone, Kristopher L. Arheart, Leo Harris, Jonathan Jagid and Andrew A. MaudsleyWhole-brain Proton MR Spectroscopic Imaging of Mild-to-Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury and Correlation with Neuropsychological Deficits. J. Neurotrauma Mar; 27(3): 483-96.
- Zoeller GK, Benveniste RJ, Landy H, Morcos JJ, Jagid J. Ootcomes and Management Strategies After Nondiagnostic Stereotactic Biopsies of Brain Lesions. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 87(3):174-81.
- Levi AD, Green BA, Wang MY, Dietrich WD, Brindle T, Vanni S, Casella G, Elhammady, Jagid JR. Clinical Application of Modest Hypothermia after Spinal Cord Injury. J Neurotrauma, 2009; 26(3): 407-415.
- Papapetropoulos S, Gallo BV, Guevara A, Singer C, Mitsi G, Lyssikatos C, Jagid JR. Objective tremor registration during DBS surgery for Essential Tremor. Clin Neurol Neurosurg; 111(4): 376-379.
- Jonathan R. Jagid, Matthew M. Ruel, Leo Harris, Miguel Cobas. Management of Intracranial Pressure. Residents Guide to the ICU. 3rd ed. Edited by the ASCCA.
- Papapetropolous S, Salcedo AG, Singer C, Gallo BV, Jagid JR, Staged Unilateral or Bilateral STN-DBS? Movement Disorder, Apr 15;23(5):775 (Letter to the Editor).
- Papapetropoulos S, Jagid JR, Sengun C, Singer C, Gallo BV. Objective monitoring of tremor and bradykinesia during deep brain stimulation of STN for Parkinson's disease: A pilot study. Neurology; 70(15): 1244-9.
- Fu ES, Jagid J, Harris LT. Management of Head Injury. Yao (ed): Yao & Artusio's Anesthesiology, 6th ed. Lippincott Williams & Williams.
- Romaguera RL, Minager A, Bruce JH, Jagid JR, Falcone S, Curless RG, Ragheb J, Adrenocortical Carcinoma with Cerebral Metastasis in a Child: Case Report and Review of the Literature. Clin Neurol Neurosurg, 2001; 103(1):46-50.
- Yu CG, Jagid JR, Ruenes G, Dietrich WD, Marcillo AE, Yezierski RP. Detrimental effects of systemic hyperthermia on locomotor function and histopathological outcome after traumatic spinal cord injury in the rat. Neurosurg; 49(1): 152-9.
- Lee TT, Uribe J, Ragheb J, Morrison G, Jagid JR, Unique clinical presentation of pediatric shunt malfunction. Pediatr Neurosurg, 1999; 30(3):122-6.
- Miranda JD, White LA, Marcillo AE, Willson CA, Jagid J, Whittemore SR: Induction of Eph B3 after spinal cord injury. Exp. Neurol; 156:218-222.
Dr. and Mrs. David Harrison Scholarship Award
David S. Gerbarg, M.D., Memorial Award
Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami - Affiliated Medical Education Program
University of Rochester
University of Miami Hospital
Dr. Jagid specializes in the field of stereotactic neurosurgery and movement disorders and is Neurosurgical Director of the Deep Brain Stimulation Program at the University of Miami. He trained at the University of Miami under mentorship of Dr. Howard Landy and later Dr. James Schumacher.
Originally from New York, Dr. Jagid obtained his BS degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Rochester, New York in 1988. At Colombia University he obtained his Pre-medical education and in 1994 he completed his medical education at New York Medical College in Valhalla, New York.
He has spent the last eleven years at the University of Miami where he completed his residency in Neurological Surgery in 2001 and joined the faculty. His practice focuses on the surgical management of movement disorders, spasticity, neuro-oncology, functional neurosurgery, trigeminal neuralgia, stereotactic radiosurgery and head injury.