Sherry Shariatmadar, M.D.
- Fax: 305-585-2410
- Pathology-Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine
- Pathology Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- American Bd of Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Amer Bd of Pathology - Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine
- Associate Professor of Clinical Pathology
- Director of Stem Cell Processing Laboratory
- Director of Transfusion Medicine Service
Primary research interests include stem cell characterization and development of novel stem cell products with potential for regeneration of many types of tissues. Preliminary studies are under way to assess bone marrow stem cells in cardiac and peripheral vascular disease. Additional research interest includes evaluation of the role of cytokines/pathogenic mechanisms in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.