Maria F. Carpintero, M.D.
- Fax: 954-210-1169
- Rheumatology-Internal Medicine
Dr. Carpintero's clinical practice includes osteoarthritis, systemic autoimmune diseases: Rheumatoid arthritis, seronegative spondyloarthropathies, autoimmune inflammatory myopathies, Sjogren's Syndrome, Scleroderma with a particular interest on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- American Board of Internal Med-Rheumatology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Dr. Carpintero's main research projects include Systemic autoimmune diseases with emphasis on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Diagnosis and risk stratification in patients with anti-RNP autoimmunity.
- Comparison of mortality of ESRD patients with lupus by initial dialysis modality.
- Catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome with severe acute thrombotic microangiopathy and hemorrhagic complications
- Neck pain from a rheumatologic perspective
- Reactive Arthritis. eMedicine from WebMD. Updated January 05, 2010.
- Toll-Like Receptor-Inducible Upregulation of Alternative IRF5 mRNA Isoforms Correlates with Differential Tissue Targeting in Human Anti-RNP Autoimmunity(Abstract)